Workers' Compensation Attorney in Belle Chasse, LA
Workers’ Comp Attorney for Denied Claims in Belle Chasse, LA
Have You Been Denied Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Job Accident?
It’s incredibly disheartening to receive a letter notifying you that your claim for workers’ compensation benefits has been denied. As medical bills continue to pile up and you remain unable to return to work, your situation may feel quite hopeless.
But now is not the time to give up.
The Wanko Law Firm can help you appeal the decision and fight for your right to receive the medical care and financial assistance you deserve.
Call us today at (985) 893-6530 to schedule a Free consultation.
Common Reasons Why Workers’ Compensation Claims Are Denied
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for insurance companies to deny valid workers’
compensation claims. By denying your claim, they keep their own costs down and maximize profit.
Here are some of the reasons they may have given you for denying your claim:
- Failed to notify your employer of your injury within 30 days of the accident
- Your workers’ comp application was missing information or included errors
- You didn’t seek medical attention right away
- Lack of medical evidence to support your injury or illness
- Discrepencies between the accident report and medical records
- You had a pre-existing injury
- Your injury didn’t occur during scope of your employment
- Request a hearing before a workers’ comp judge by filing a Disputed Claim for Compensation.
- Attend voluntary mediation with your attorney and the insurance company. A neutral third party mediator will attempt to help you negotiate a mutually beneficial settlement. You are under no obligation to accept an offer that you deem fair.
- If no resolution is reached in mediation, you will attend a formal workers’ compensation hearing. Attorney Steve Wanko can represent you at this hearing and can present a convincing argument as to why the denial should be reversed.
- If we do not succeed at the hearing, we can file a second administrative appeal with the workers’ comp appeals board.
- If the second appeal fails, your final recourse is to file a lawsuit in state court.
The entire appeals process, from filing the claim until the hearing, can take anywhere between 6-9 months.
For more information on Wanko Law Firm, go here: Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Belle Chasse, LA