Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Meadow, LA
Workers’ Comp Attorney in Meadow, LA
Was Your Workplace Accident Caused By Someone Not Affiliated With Your Employer?
If you suffered a workplace injury or occupational illness in Meadow, LA due to the negligent actions of a third party — someone not connected to your employer — you may be able to file a separate third party claim against the at-fault party.
You are entitled to recover monetary damages from a third party in addition to receiving workers’ comp benefits from your employer.
If you’ve been injured on the job, your employer is responsible for reimbursing you for your medical bills as well as a portion of your lost wages (2/3 of your average weekly wage). A third party claim, however, enables you to pursue a greater recovery beyond what workers’ comp provides.
This may include financial compensation for:
- past and future medical costs
- lost wages in full; lost future earning capacity
- pain and suffering
- scarring or disfigurement
- mental anguish
Call the Wanko Law Firm today for a free consultation and evaluation of your case. Our lead Workers’ Compensation Attorney, Steve Wanko, will help determine if you have a valid third party claim and devise a winning strategy to make sure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
Common Liable Third Parties in the Workplace
- Manufacturers/Sellers: If you were injured on the job by a defective machine or piece of equipment, you may be able to file a products liability claim against the manufacturer or seller.
- Drivers: If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident by another driver while en route to performing a job-related activity, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver.
- Chemical Manufacturers: If you have developed an illness after being exposed to a toxic substance (asbestos, benzene, chromium compounds, silica, radium) in the workplace, you might be able to bring a toxic tort lawsuit against the manufacturer of the substance or manufacturer of faulty safety equipment.
- Contractors/Subcontractors/Construction Companies: If you sustained a workplace injury on a construction site either from falling from a scaffold, electrocution, improper safety harness installation, etc., you may be able to sue the scaffolding company or subcontractor.
- Premises Owner: If you were working on someone else’s property and were injured due to a hazardous condition that you were not made aware of, the landowner may be held liable for your injuries.
To learn more about Wanko Law Firm, click here: Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Meadow, LA