Workers' Compensation Attorney in Albita Springs, LA
Workers’ Comp Attorney for Vocational Rehabilitation in Albita Springs, LA
Take Advantage of Vocational Rehabilitation Offered Through Louisiana’s Workers’ Compensation Act
If your workplace injury or illness prevents you from returning to the same type of work you were previously qualified for, you can receive vocational rehabilitation to help you re-train for a job that accommodates your current limitations.
Vocational rehabilitation is a workers’ compensation benefit offered through your employer’s insurer that will assist you in either transitioning to a new role with your current employer or finding a new job altogether.
Vocational Rehabilitation Services Offered
- On-the-job training
- Resume and job application services
- Interview coaching
- Tuition reimbursement
Process of Vocational Rehabilitation
- The insurance company will send you to a physician to conduct a functional capacity evaluation, which will determine what you can and cannot accomplish in a workplace setting.
- You will be assigned and meet with a vocational rehabilitation specialist who will review your education and employment history and assess your career interests.
- The vocational rehabilitation specialist will identify jobs that match your skills and qualifications and will mail you a labor market survey of available jobs within your geographic area.
While vocational rehabilitation can be helpful, it’s important to realize that the ultimate goal of this program is to return you to work as soon as possible. The sooner you achieve gainful employment, the quicker an insurance company can reduce or terminate your weekly wage loss benefits.
In order to defend your benefits, you must show that you are actively involved in the job seeking process by documenting as much as you can, including:
- jobs you apply for
- highlight job duties you are capable and not capable of doing
- names of people you’ve spoken to about a particular job
Unfortunately, many jobs listed on the labor market survey will not match your education, experience or skill set. Some may not take into account your physical restrictions or won’t pay what you are worth.
Wanko Law Firm can assist you in the vocational rehabilitation process and will make sure you are not taken advantage of by the insurance company. Our lead Workers’ Comp Attorney Steve Wanko will consult with your doctor to determine whether you are ready to return to work and what type of job-related duties you are capable of performing.
Call today for a Free Consultation at (985) 893-6530.
To learn more about Wanko Law Firm, click here: Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Albita Springs, LA